Thank you for dropping in! I created Karna Books to showcase the previously published books whose rights, one by one, revert to me. Books which, I believe, deserve to live on.
I call them my Second Chance Books! A lot of research, love and energy went into the writing of them, and this is just a personal attempt to keep them alive, to halt the inevitable fading into oblivion, the eventual fate of all books that don’t make the bestseller lists.
Today, August 1st 2026, we go live with the first two books: the series The Alsace Chronicles.
These two books represent my first foray into World War II fiction, back in 2019 and 2020. To be honest, it wasn’t my idea; me editor at the time suggested it, and immediately I jumped at the opportunity.
I’ve always loved war stories. Not of hard-core war: not of battles in the trenches and fighter planes and bombers and military hardware.
I loved the behind-the-scenes stories. The stories of men and women on the home front, dealing with the fallout of war. Especially, women.
Women who kept the home fires burning. Women who played extraordinary, usually forgotten, roles. The unsung heroines, who would never earn medals nor go down in the history books. Tales of inner strength, tried to the utmost due to the sheer horror of war. Especially, the stories of women.
The stories I wrote might be mostly fictional, but they stand in for all the heroines of the past whose stories never got to be told. There are literally millions of such heroines, all passed away now, but their contributions live on, in one form or another. Even in fiction.
To date, I’ve written six Second World War novels, and I’d like to introduce two here on the Karna Books blog, the first two I ever wrote. These are the books that got me
No comments:
Post a Comment